About the Team
The Sonochemistry Research Team at Melbourne performs cutting edge research in the areas of ultrasonics and sonochemistry. The team works on the fundamental aspects of acoustic cavitation and has been developing applied projects that benefit the community.
Key Research Areas
- Shear-induced emulsion gels for food, cosmetics and biomedical applications
- Shear-induced phase inversion as an emulsion separation technology
- Synthesis of Nanomaterials, Microspheres, Photocatalysts and Polymers for Catalytic and Drug/Flavour/Nutrient Delivery Applications.
- Ultrasonic Processing of Food and Dairy Ingredients for Enhancing Their Functional Properties
- Ultrasonics for biofuels
- Degradation of Organic Pollutants in Aqueous Environment (Wastewater Treatment)
- Single and Multibubble Sonoluminescence and Sonochemistry
Joydip (PhD), Wu (Research Fellow), Pooja (PhD), Yue (PhD)
Anshul (PhD), Amrish (PhD), Haiyan (PhD ), Arunjunai (PhD)
Stephen (PhD), Ashok (Group Leader), Bhagya (PhD), Rachana (PhD)
(Photo: 11th Nov 2020 Zoom Meeting)